Hosts need a "No Show" Button for when a guest fails to arrive

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Hosts need a "No Show" Button for when a guest fails to arrive

It would be good to have a "No Show" button when a guest does not arrive.

This would stop the guest from leaving a review and their profile would be marked as a "No Show".

23 Replies 23
David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

normally in that case airbnb remove the review

@David-Erik0   Wish that were the case. There are many posts on here where guests have retaliated with 1-stars and dishonest reviews because they didn't arrive, didn't cancel and didn't get a full refund. It's a known glitch and Airbnb have not fixed it and have refused to remove the review.

That issue is horrible, Airbnb should do something to resolve it.

It's really funny when the case manager says that they can do very little on the guests review, as they always do not violate "their" rules, which is missing many things, such as racism and discrimination.

@David Erik they should remove the possibility to leave the review.

Who needs that hassle with CS?

Melanie33
Level 8
Ashcott, United Kingdom

That would be an excellent button to have!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Excellent idea!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Chris232,

I hope you are doing well. Thanks for sharing your idea here. 

Just to explore this a bit further, would you count a 'No Show' as someone who doesn't arrive at your listing or would this also incorporate someone who arrives, but doesn't necessarily stay for a range of different reasons? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Chris232
Level 10

Hi @Lizzie Great to hear from you.

Would only count the "No Show" as someone who doesn't arrive at our listing and the button would only become active from 00.01hrs next day and then the guest would be unable to leave a review.

The guests profile would be highlighted with a "No Show" in the similar context as a Host whom cancels a booking

If someone arrives, enters the property and does not stay then this is a totally different experience and subject to a review by both parties.

Hosts take a lot of time, effort and expense to prepare their homes for guests. Many times I have waited up till midnight for a guest to arrive ( my check-in is 1600hrs - 2100hrs) and when they can not be bothered to arrive then the "No Show" button can be activated.

@Chris232   I wonder how host abuse of this button would work.  I agree that if the guest never shows up and ever cancels there should be no guest review but there should be a way for the host to provide information about this behavior.  However, some hosts might use this option as a way to avoid a negative review when a guest does show up but decides the listing is not as expected.  On the other hand, how would a host prove this happened or will this be another opportunity for the guest word to override the host word?

Chris232
Level 10

@Linda108 

Hmmm I see what you mean, all procedures are open to abuse.

I was going to suggest that an email was sent out to the guest to confirm they never showed up ... but if they cant be bothered to email the Host then for sure they will not reply to an AirBnB email

@Linda108 if there is communication through the airbnb messenger system showing the host trying to contact the guest & no response, or the guest indicating that they weren't coming then it would reduce the possible abuse of a no show.

It would also reduce the poor/revenge reviews that hosts can receive from guests who know that they aren't coming & request a refund/cancellation from the host which the host declines.

Good ideia, it would great having that option.

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

@Chris232 yes! Love this idea!

Nicole1444
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I just recently had this happen to me with a guest not showing on a four day trip 😒 I haven't been able to get a hold of her at all.  So a no show button would be great!