Review without Star rating?

Sotiris0
Level 1
Frankfurt, Germany

Review without Star rating?

Hello. I am a new host. My first guests just left. They were very happy and the left a satisfying review. However, I can see no star-rating accompanying their review. Is it possible to leave a review without completing the star-rating component? If yes, is there a way I could ask them to complete the star-rating as well, without sounding pushy? They have been great guests and I would not like to make them feel uncomfortable. But I gather star-rating is an important feature in listings. Best regards to all ad thank you in advance for any replies 🙂

7 Replies 7
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

The stars won't be visible until you have gathered more reviews, 3 or 5, can't remember.

Thank you.

Hey @Sandra126 wasn't sure if you knew this, but if you go to your Dashboard, and click on STATS, scroll down, you can see exactly what the EACH guests left for Stars in each category.....Location, Accuracy, Cleanliness, Value.  I look at these stats every time I get a NEW review to see exactly what each guests left since there is no other way to get that information.  Imagine, my shock, to read a 5 Star review, and get 5 Stars in all categories, but see that the same guests left a 4 for Overall Experience!  So odd since they only wrote fabulous things in the PRIVATE feedback too. I would have loved to have known why THAT particular guests left a 4...and I even sent them an email asking them what I could have done better to get a 5 in Overall since they left 5 Stars in the other 6 categories, but never received a reply.  Bummers, because I know my expensive Charmin 3 ply Toilet Paper alone should make for a 5 Star Overall experience! Haha

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Hi Sotiris

I'm in exactly the same position as you! Sandra is correct - the stars only show after (I think) the third review. However, I was able to see under my stats on the airbnb website (not the app) where I had received 5 star ratings so far. That helped give a very good idea of the rating received from the first guest

Got it. Thank you Taryn. Good tip.

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

I've got my visible stars after the third review.

Calu1
Level 1
Encinitas, CA

ITS MY FIRST TIME DOING THIS ...... glad to see that i wasnt alone in this subject !!!! Well i guess i just need to rent more often !!!! thanks everyone !!!