notifications

Wendy315
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

notifications

Can anyone tell me why I am no longer receiving emails and texts alerting me to a guests arrival?  I used to get messages informing me of a guests imminant arrival a week before hand and the day before.

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Check your settings for Notifications in your profile, @Wendy315. Go to Account Settings (in the last tab - very right with your pic), then Notifications.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I have been having exactly the same problem. I stopped receiving text notifications of booking requests from Airbnb in November. This is a real hassle for me, as I live in an area where my internet is sketchy, also I work during the day, so can't be constantly checking the Airbnb site. When i received the text notifications, it alerted me to get online so I could respond within 24 hrs.

I reported this to Airbnb over a month ago. Have an "open support case" going and have exchanged about a dozen messages with the support person, who tells me this is an airbnb glitch and that the technical team is working on it, but as of now, I am still not receiving text notifications- it has been 2 months now that this hasn't been working and I am beyond frustrated. How hard can this be for airbnb to fix? I feel they are actually doing nothing about it, just telling me they are.

All my settings are as they should be, and nothing has changed on my end- same phone provider, same phone number, etc.

Sorry I can't help, but at least you have some moral support....

Also, start a dialogue with airbnb support so they get it that this is happening to other hosts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

PS I have a sneaking suspicion that airbnb simply decided not to spend the money to send text notifications anymore. Now they want us to join twitter to get our questions answered. Sorry, but I will not be held hostage to join a social media platform that I want nothing to do with.

@Wendy315@Sarah977, for a short time, my text notifications stopped being sent.

After a few days, they started again. I don't remember changing any notificaiton settings.

Just a note to let you know that

1. AirBnB is still sending text notifications
  2. It may not be anything you did that caused them to stop
  3. They may start again on their own
  4. Or they might not.

Wendy315
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Has been a couple of months.  How do I get airbnb to start sending again.

Same thing is happening to me.

Airbnb blames my email server and they blame airbnb.

I suspect it's airbnb b/c no other emails have failed to reach me from other sources. The only notifactions I get are pending reservations and  inquiries. I get no confirmation of reservations, notifications of guests soon to arrive, or requests to review guests that have checked out or notifications when guests have reviewed me.

I've not changed my email or any settings.

All this just dropped out. It's very annoying!!

Hello,

Wanting more control over when i receive alerts for guest arrival and departures, and to be able to have other contacts (e.g. cleaners) receive alerts, I have developed a solution and need AirBnB hosts to help me beta-test. If interested, please go to the below posting. 

"SOLUTION: How to get configurable text/email alerts/notifications based on your Airbnb calendar"

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/SOLUTION-How-to-get-configurable-text-email-alerts-notif...

Beta-testing is free and I will have free option if/when I open up to the public.

Regards,

Doug