change from custom pricing to base pricing

Bo6
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

change from custom pricing to base pricing

Hello, I have a few days of cutom pricing and I want to change those dates back to base pricing, so that if I change my base price, those dates reflect that change.

Does anybody know how to do that? To revert a custom day back to base pricing?

Also, I have a 2 night minimum.

Is there a way to have a custom minimum? i.e a 5 night minimum during holiday periods?

Thanks in advance.

Bo

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Bo6 Once you've overriden your default rates, it can be hard to revert to the old or new default rates for *weekdays*. Because of a bug/inconsistency within AirBnB (reported to them multiple times over the past year, but totally ignored by them), the "weekend" (Fri/Sat nights) will adjust to a change in the default rate for weekends even after custom rates have been set for particular Fri/Sat dates. But all other nights will not.

This problem effects hosts in two ways... In your case, you *want* to specify new default rates, but you're noticing that they (mostly) don't take effect. Other hosts might want to set new default rates for weekends  but w/o overriding the rates for weekends they've already set to customized rates. If AirBnB's programmers had a clue, they could accommodate both desires. But their programmers are, apparently, the lowest-of-the-lowest low bidders and/or inexperienced script-kiddies, so we're left to deal with their illogical interface's behavior. Bitter? Yes. I've been in the software biz for 30 years and I know bad programming when I see it...

Bo6
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Thanks Dede, yep, pretty annoying!

Bo

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Bo6 With regards to custom minimums, there is definitely a way to do that. Go to your calendar and then, near the upper right, click on "Availabilty settings". In the drop-down that appears, scroll down a bit until you see something worded like "Add a requirement" or "Add another requirement". Click on that. In the "During" field, select "Specific dates". Proceed from there; it should be fairly logical.

Bo6
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Thanks Dede, that worked great.

Best,

Bo