why does AirBnB sit on hosts payouts for so long?

why does AirBnB sit on hosts payouts for so long?

I had a guest check in on Thursday, check out the following Sunday, but the payout advice from AirBnB says it will arrive next Friday. That's 8 days after the guest checked in. Why does it take so long for payment when the guest pays immediately they book?

17 Replies 17

Well I’m furious.. we’ve had a bad year as hosts  and the payouts are delayed even though Airbnb have had payment (as in their fees) ..I get no response with my query .. no one I can call .. so I’m leaving Airbnb disgusting  customer service to hosts, the absolute worst I’ve ever experienced, we are choc a bloc from

other advertising platforms and our villas are up to £12,000 per booking.... I don’t think so! Airbnb!! What an absolute **bleep** show!!

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve had an argument that has remained unsolved for six weeks and running with ‘customer service’ because Airbnb blocked my payouts, without being able to explain why they’d done it.

They produce every knee-jerk explanation under the sun (that their customer service apes learnt in their training) about how bank processing times are at fault.

However I explained to them that bank processing times are limited to two days in the EU (which they all abide by) and that if the payout is stuck in the ,upcoming payouts’ column and has not yet moved to the ,completed payouts’ column, then bank processing times are not applicable, as it is then obvious (to anyone with more than one brain cell) that the payout is stuck internally in Airbnb’s system.

Six weeks on, the fifteenth ,customer service’ agent is still in denial that anything can be amiss with the worldwide apartment Scientology sect that Airbnb has become and is still intellectually flailing around, hammering function keys with their fists, hoping that the problem will somehow disappear into the ether!

I’ve removed all four of my properties in the meantime. They don’t care.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

This topic is entirely foreign to me.

I have plenty of peeves about Airbnb, but can set my watch by what time Airbnb payments post on my bank account. It's always been extremely reliable. 

If they start pulling that stuff with me, it'll be "wrath of scorned woman". Really.