abusive guest

Cynthia792
Level 1
Santa Rosa, CA

abusive guest

I've been a superhost for a couple of years, hosting a room in my home with a shared bathroom. Because of the close quarters, I don't feel safe hosting right now, and I had blocked my caledar for the past several months. I should have snoozed my listing, but honestly, at the beginning of this pandemic I was hopeful there would be an end in sight! I had noit blocked through this month, and it had been so long I had forgotten about it, until I suddenly got an instant book notice. I immediately sent a cancellation, explaining why. That was yesterday. Since then, I've had 3 increasingly more abusive messages from the would be guest, calling me names and threatening me. I've blocked them now, but I'm concerned that since they came through instant book, they have my home address and can come and continue their abuse in person. I tried to talk to someone on Airbnb about it, and afte being on hold for an hour, the call started to cut out and I was hung up on. I don't really know if there's anything they, or anyone, can do, but I'm worried about this person's capacity for violence. Does anyone have any advice?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cynthia792  Have you clicked on the "report" button on this person's profile? If not, do that now. Then message Airbnb telling them this person has been sending you abusive messages and ask them to take a look. Start the message out by saying this is a Trust and Safety issue and that you feel unsafe, as this person now has your address and has been verbally abusive. 

I'm assuming this person lives locally, if you are fearful of them coming to your house?

And turn off Instant Book right now, if you haven't already.