I have suddenly been delisted and I don't know why. Ratings have been good.

Answered!

I have suddenly been delisted and I don't know why. Ratings have been good.

Have turned a couple of bookings down. Also is it best to list without breakfast. Would be a lot cheaper.

1 Best Answer

Matthew - I have found my place and discovered the price is something like $200 more than I charge. Does airband b add on amounts of money?

Thanks Mary

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

@Cathy172, the researcher was wondering if the gender of the host has any bearing on ranking, so the "Male-to-Female ratio" is supposed to represent that. A poor choice of label.

Here is a link to the longer research paper about how the data for the chart was gathered:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgl2uwdkhe721vq/Hacking%20Airbnb’s%20search%20rank%20algorithm.pdf?dl=0#pa...

He did note that in the area studied, there were twice as many female hosts as male.

Could it be that you Declined too many guests?

Emiel - I have found my b and b but the price is much higher than I charge so I will look into it.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mary770

If you have declined a number of bookings, that might push you down in the search results.  

Also, you do not have a verified profile, so you probably do not meet your own booking criterias.  That could prevent you from seeing your own listing in searches.

Marit Anne

Thanks - so far I have discovered that they have put the price at $200 above what I said so I think they have added money for extra people. I have declined a couple of bookings over about two years.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mary770

airbnb does not determine your prices - you do in your pricing settings.