Airbnb won’t cancel reservation for guest who is doing illegal activity.

Emily2097
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb won’t cancel reservation for guest who is doing illegal activity.

Guest is showing flat to potential renters.   He put the property on a website as for rent immediately.  He has been showing the flat all day.   I just caught on now.  I have sent airbnb the advert and the ring videos of all the potential Renter he is defrauding.  Airbnb says I would have to cancel and then would not be able to claim for needing to change the keys, etc.   oh and he would get a complete refund despite staying 2 days.   19 hours on my side.  10 hours on my co hosts side getting in touch.   Asked police but they refused to come.   Am told they need strong evidence and need to talk to him.   I don’t know how much stronger they need.  And chatting to him just encourages him to damage the property and steal.   They also never manage to actually send him a message becuase the case gets transferred to someone else and there is no information.   No one calls back.  You can’t be transferred to the last person.  They close the chats and say another one is open because they start a chat in a new thread and all the past messages get lost.   Oh and the guest should have been filtered out from being able to instant book because same day and people with no reviews aren’t allowed instant book but airbnb did an update and it got changed.   All my co hosts listings go changed which is more than a human error.   Anyone else have this happen.  I’ve heard of similar before but anything recent?   Anyway.  Warning of people abusing the system and there being no way to get airbnb to do anything.  Scam artists picture for everyone else’s protection.  Positive he has done this before. 

**[Image removed - Community Center Guidelines]

0 Replies 0