Emergency help nedded - a guest tells me 12 hours before arrival that she does not agree with my ho

Answered!

Emergency help nedded - a guest tells me 12 hours before arrival that she does not agree with my ho

Please, I need HELP!

A guest made reservation for 1 person. She arrivies today t about 2-3 p.m.

I send her information how to reach the flat and asking for the arrival of the plane. She ansered WE - arrive at 1 p.m.

I asked what WE means - as the reservation is for 1 person only.

I big discussion followed - I copied it - I asked through the Resolution center as well as personally to make the pay for the additional 2 persons. That is the final part of the conversation.

Lilly Please, let me know how many persons are coming with you, because you send me a message WE, so you are not alone?  

Yesterday at 9:18 PM

hy Luly.
thank you for your information. we are me, my hasbend and my tow dother age of 13 and 16.
Ora

Yesterday at 10:41 PM · Ora

Ora,
I went to bed, waiting almost one hour for your reply!

Lilly Ora, I AM GIVING MY GUESTS FREE CLEANING _ BUT NOT A FREE STAY!!! Please, note you made a reservation for just one person - and I had to ask you WHY you a sending me a message writing WE - I thought you might be arriving with your husband or a friend. I waited and waited for the answer of that question - and went to bed.

Today at 12:40 AM

THROUGH THE RESOLUTION CENTER

Please, note - you are arriving 4 people - but I received an offer for ONE person only!!! I waited more than 30 minutes after asking you WHY you are giving me a message that WE arrive - when I have a reservation for just ONE person - and went to bed= NO, I cannot clean and allow use of water, electricity, then using the flat for FREE WITHOUT any pay whatsoever for FOUR persons!!! My monthly pension is 110 euro! I am giving a present to my guests free cleaning, but NOT FREE STAY!!!

dear Lilly.
when i look into the website I look for home that fit to 4 peopele and your home was there. i payed for the home that spose to be for 4 peopele and not for each one apart! if i would know that is the price i would never take that ofer becaose its not in my buget. so we can cancle the dill or leave it the way we agry befor

Today at 1:08 AM · Ora

Dear Ora,
You have to cancel your reservation as you do not want to agree with my house rules - send that information to AirBnb, I am sure they can help you to find for you a better stay. KR Lilly

Today at 1:18 AM

Yesterday at 10:41 PM · Ora

1 Best Answer

Hi @Lilly28Lilly, I have found by having a minimum stay of two nights, I do not get locals renting the space. If they want a romantic getaway, or date night... they go somewhere else for a one night booking.  🙂

Luckily I’ve never needed to do this. How to block a guest manually:

- Go to your Messages inbox.

- Choose the guest and click on them.

- Click on the “.....” at the very top right hand corner of the messages column.

- Then choose your preferred action

- Follow the prompts

Hope this makes sense...

By the way @Ute42, I’m feeling like a good apple strudel with my wine!  🙌🏼  🙂

Lol... Cathie

Step 1  - messages and click on “.....”Step 1 - messages and click on “.....”

Step 2 - choose  “Report”Step 2 - choose “Report”

Step 3 - your choice/ your reasonStep 3 - your choice/ your reason

Step 4Step 4

Step 5Step 5

View Best Answer in original post

69 Replies 69

Sandra - thanks!!! I did not know that going to Reservation I can alter the number of guests, even days of arrival and there was more, I do not remember what I have seen.

I am very upset by this situation - I did not sleep in order to iron the bed linen needed - as I am always planning ahead my 3 guests - Now, please - tell me if she does not pay, and I do not receive information that she payed - what shall I do?

Emilia, Thanks - I was just wondering what to press - I pressed Change or Cancel - and changed for 4 people. Now if she does not pay - what shall I do?

Has someone information about the prices and standard of living in Israel - she has to pay 116 shenkells - is this a lot for one living there and for 4 people for 1 night? In Bulgaria this is the cheapest you can found - this is 20 leva per person, which means 10 euro per person. There is not a hostel for that price and not appartments, just rooms. 

You are NOT a registered charity. Her cost of living is not your concern. Your Airbnb business ( not charity) is!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lilly28. Sorry was away from the CC.

Images are in wrong order so follow steps.

Go to the guest’s reservation.

- Click on details.( Image step 1)

-Change reservation (2)

- change guest numvpber from 1 to 4.

then send change of request through the messages. Screen shot if you like the final request. Otherwise then send message as I listed for you. So they know they have to complete the action.

🙂

Cathie

Step 2Step 2Step 3Step 3Step 1Step 1

hysterical step by step  kudos.

So glad @Barry105 that you see the humour! Originally for a “change of price” instruction for another thread! 

Lol

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love these step @Cathie19 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Lilly28

I think I would write to airbnb customer service so they are aware of the situation.

If the guests haven't approved of the new agreement when they arrive (maybe they haven't seen it yet because they have been travelling? No wifi etc.) then I would ask them to confirm and also tell them that it is against airbnb policy and you could get in trouble  and that your insuarance won't cover you. That way you will seem to be a fair airbnb host that only wants to do things the correct way. It could also help in the review situation. Pretend that it was just a newbie mistake and that they just have to confirm and then everything will be perfect. 

Sandra and Cathie

Thanks!!! Do I have to send a message after I made the change of the reservation? No, they are still not travelling, they will get the plane about 10 a.m. So they are at home now.

Thanks Sandra to remain me that in this way my insurance will not be covered! This is very important for me!

How I can write to AirBnB customer service, Sandra? And what ASAP means? Thanks for your reply ahead!

Sorry @Lilly28 for abbreviating the English words.

ASAP is an abbreviation. It means “As soon as possible”. It implies there is a sense of urgency.

It is an adverb, which follows a verb. (Verb is an action/doing word)

Example:

“Please respond to this alteration of your booking as soon as possible.”

The statement is saying:  there is an “action” you need them (the guests) to do.

When? “As soon as possible.”

🙂

Cathie

@Cathie19, thank You for the free english lesson.

Some of us (me !) foreigners out there really need it. If You don't know

how to make Sauerkraut pls don't hesitate to ask me.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

@Ute42How about stuffed cabbage rolls?

@Noel63, sure, but what is it? Post a picture 🙂