Emergency help nedded - a guest tells me 12 hours before arrival that she does not agree with my ho

Answered!

Emergency help nedded - a guest tells me 12 hours before arrival that she does not agree with my ho

Please, I need HELP!

A guest made reservation for 1 person. She arrivies today t about 2-3 p.m.

I send her information how to reach the flat and asking for the arrival of the plane. She ansered WE - arrive at 1 p.m.

I asked what WE means - as the reservation is for 1 person only.

I big discussion followed - I copied it - I asked through the Resolution center as well as personally to make the pay for the additional 2 persons. That is the final part of the conversation.

Lilly Please, let me know how many persons are coming with you, because you send me a message WE, so you are not alone?  

Yesterday at 9:18 PM

hy Luly.
thank you for your information. we are me, my hasbend and my tow dother age of 13 and 16.
Ora

Yesterday at 10:41 PM · Ora

Ora,
I went to bed, waiting almost one hour for your reply!

Lilly Ora, I AM GIVING MY GUESTS FREE CLEANING _ BUT NOT A FREE STAY!!! Please, note you made a reservation for just one person - and I had to ask you WHY you a sending me a message writing WE - I thought you might be arriving with your husband or a friend. I waited and waited for the answer of that question - and went to bed.

Today at 12:40 AM

THROUGH THE RESOLUTION CENTER

Please, note - you are arriving 4 people - but I received an offer for ONE person only!!! I waited more than 30 minutes after asking you WHY you are giving me a message that WE arrive - when I have a reservation for just ONE person - and went to bed= NO, I cannot clean and allow use of water, electricity, then using the flat for FREE WITHOUT any pay whatsoever for FOUR persons!!! My monthly pension is 110 euro! I am giving a present to my guests free cleaning, but NOT FREE STAY!!!

dear Lilly.
when i look into the website I look for home that fit to 4 peopele and your home was there. i payed for the home that spose to be for 4 peopele and not for each one apart! if i would know that is the price i would never take that ofer becaose its not in my buget. so we can cancle the dill or leave it the way we agry befor

Today at 1:08 AM · Ora

Dear Ora,
You have to cancel your reservation as you do not want to agree with my house rules - send that information to AirBnb, I am sure they can help you to find for you a better stay. KR Lilly

Today at 1:18 AM

Yesterday at 10:41 PM · Ora

1 Best Answer

Hi @Lilly28Lilly, I have found by having a minimum stay of two nights, I do not get locals renting the space. If they want a romantic getaway, or date night... they go somewhere else for a one night booking.  🙂

Luckily I’ve never needed to do this. How to block a guest manually:

- Go to your Messages inbox.

- Choose the guest and click on them.

- Click on the “.....” at the very top right hand corner of the messages column.

- Then choose your preferred action

- Follow the prompts

Hope this makes sense...

By the way @Ute42, I’m feeling like a good apple strudel with my wine!  🙌🏼  🙂

Lol... Cathie

Step 1  - messages and click on “.....”Step 1 - messages and click on “.....”

Step 2 - choose  “Report”Step 2 - choose “Report”

Step 3 - your choice/ your reasonStep 3 - your choice/ your reason

Step 4Step 4

Step 5Step 5

View Best Answer in original post

69 Replies 69

@Cathie0 from Darwin, Australia

. It can be very useful to also filter out “local” guests or others who may have been removed or cancelled on by other hosts.

Cathie - how I can do that?

And I have also the following question - can I press the flag to some old guests to whom I wrote a good review, but after I reconsidered that they better not to have access to the system at all, i.e. - a couple I wrote a very good review and after a week of their departure my neighbors told me that they were doing oral sex on open windows in a disguasting way, they also did not wrote me  review, and later I found that for their 2 days stay they have been using all appliences as though they stayed a month.

Hi @Lilly28 ,

@Letitia  knows best how to answer the flagging question,

She may come back to You or You ask her.

@Lilly28  @Ute42    To block someone:  Flag them. Go to Inbox on airbnb.com and click the conversation with the person you want to block. Click Report under their profile photo. Select the reason you're reporting this person (I usually pick Something Else), then if you also want to block future messages from them, click Next > Yes, block now.

Unfortunaletly to prevent her from Instant Booking with you only it needs to be done in the review process by giving a 3* or lower. The thumbs down and the 3* or lower stops them from being able to instant book anyone. 

Everything you every wanted to know about stopping someones ability to instant book with you:

Get guests you can trust— every time

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the booking process to make sure you don’t have to host repeat guests if you don’t want to. Now, anytime you give a guest 3 stars or less, that guest will not be able to instantly book any of your spaces, even if you have Instant Book turned on.

Find out more in our Help Center.

What do you think about these changes? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

http://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Get-guests-you-can-trust-every-time/m-p/432511#M17...

Hi @Lilly28Lilly, I have found by having a minimum stay of two nights, I do not get locals renting the space. If they want a romantic getaway, or date night... they go somewhere else for a one night booking.  🙂

Luckily I’ve never needed to do this. How to block a guest manually:

- Go to your Messages inbox.

- Choose the guest and click on them.

- Click on the “.....” at the very top right hand corner of the messages column.

- Then choose your preferred action

- Follow the prompts

Hope this makes sense...

By the way @Ute42, I’m feeling like a good apple strudel with my wine!  🙌🏼  🙂

Lol... Cathie

Step 1  - messages and click on “.....”Step 1 - messages and click on “.....”

Step 2 - choose  “Report”Step 2 - choose “Report”

Step 3 - your choice/ your reasonStep 3 - your choice/ your reason

Step 4Step 4

Step 5Step 5

@Cathie19excellent advise - thank You.

@Ute42  Since you've said you're wanting to improve your English (actually your English is great), and since I'm a stickler for spelling, this is one that even native English speakers get wrong all the time.

Advise is the verb- "I advised her to boot that nasty guest out".

Advice is the noun- " Don't give me any more unsolicited advice".

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

@Ute42kohlrouladen?

@Noel63that I understand. I'm getting so many personal notes asking for german recepies that I will collect them all and publish the most wanted. I think Kohlrouladen will make it to the list - wait for it.

Oh boy, what a place You have.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

@Ute42It sounds delicious.

Thanks, that's kind of you to say.

@Ute42@Sarah977

Thanks!!! This is a very helpful conversation - and above all - advice! I will correct my listing - and you are right - cold drinks are more valued, it seems. And eggs, butter and jams - without mentioning that there would be breakfast - that is fine, I think. Thanks for helping me!