How do I remove a slanderous review

Elizabeth290
Level 3
Bryn Mawr, PA

How do I remove a slanderous review

I just had a guest check out who left a nasty review.  Amongst other untruths, she stated that my husband is creepy, and that we watch our guests.  Untrue!  

All my other reviews are 5 star, and this review changes that and makes us look really bad.  How can I get it taken down?

Please help!

137 Replies 137
Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi Elizabeth. I think your response is very measured and calm. Given the seriousness of the issue, it is also appropriate that you defend yourself and provide clarity on the issue to other guests. Well done. As the review is slanderous or highly insinuated;  I would expect Airbnb to remove it and suggest you keep trying.  

Unfortunately AirBnB's review system continues to be broken.  Removing reviews is next to impossible, even if you can show through your AirBnB messenging the guest is being untruthful, you just have to accept the false review.

Over the past 1.5 years we have had two difficult guests (all of our other reviews are 5 stars).

So AirBnB states they will not look at the messenging,  the part that AirBnB misses is a lie is not part of an experience or perception of a guest.  A lie is meant to do harm and given the way AirBnB runs their review system it is most effective at doing that.

In our case the guest makes a statement we would not let them check-in early or leave their bags.

The guest wanted to check-in at 8:30am and when we told them we had guests they still wanted to check in at 11:30am.  We took their bags at 11:30am as shown in the messenging yet they are allowed to make a statement in a review that we refused their luggage.  The messenging also shows the guest doesn't respond or acknowledge answers to their questions, it was so bad before the guest arrrived we needed to call AirBnb to make sure they confirmed they would not be showing up at 8:30 and coming only at 11:30 to store their luggage.

So over the life of being an AirBnB host we slipped from 4.9 stars to 4.7 according to the dashboard and then back up to 4.8 stars after two more subsequent 5 star reviews.

In the meantime our dashboard states come June what they are implementing we would not qualify as superhosts.

I doubt hosts will ever be able to have affect on AirBnB policy unless there becomes some healthy competition from other platforms.

hello

i M trying to post and testing to see if I am able 

This is for Delphine and Michael. I did not see a bad review. Was it removed? 

Julie I recommend phoning Air Bnb and getting a second opinion 

It's there.

I am unable to post @

@Susan612  It's broken at the moment just like the blocking feature. If you are using a keyboard you can use the up down arrow keys to tag some one after using the @ symbol. Otherwiae it's impossible on the phone app. 

Hi Susan,

We contacted AirBnb twice the second time through twitter

they stated once again it is not in violation.

The have been libel cases filed against the reviewer on yelp

I am looking into filing one.

I had another thought regarding AirBnb of setting up a twitter account for

hosts to follow.  If it ever reached a 100,000 followers or so I would see if

we could get enough clout to collectively work on these types of issues with Airbnb

I would think if you get a group with enough resolve to say either you give us a seat at the table or we will start blocking dates on our respective calendars.  If a 100,000 hosts blocked the same one day would they care?  How about the same week or month?  Maybe the answer is 500,000 hosts.

I didn’t see the review on your page. Which one is it? I just typed a long reply and I don’t think it posted 

have you thought of arbitration 

thaf is the route I am considering 

perhaps we could approach as a collective 

I have a review that I believe was retaliatory because I got in the middle of a husband and wife drama. The review like yours does not match up with the wording in the message feed. 

I was told again and again that was the hosts experience however on the fifth or so attempt I learned that the prior case managers were not interpreting the intended definition of experoecne

Furthermore I argued that in the terms and conditions when this was an issue for me the terms read the review needed to be factual accurate and truthful. During this discussion with these case managers the terms and conditions were changed and some of those words were removed. 

There is way more to share but I don’t have time now and will be back 

ElenaandNick0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I’m currently in a process of taking this all over social media to start with. I’ve received a 1* review from a guest who don’t know the difference between 5 and 8 and was trying to open neighbour’s door for 30mins and when I told him to read my previous message to him with the apartment door, he hung up and I never hear back from him until this review, which is clearly false and the facts are there. But Airbnb says it’s his opinion. I’m tired of Airbnb bullying hosts and will not stop until this is resolved!