How gain more booking

Amy409
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

How gain more booking

It has been so slow booking any idea to book more ? 
what so need to do , it is good location for transport . Price is middle of arrange, room has a lot of amenity . I try to best I can do to up grade room . 
I can not think better ??

8 Replies 8

@Amy409 Yes, there's a slow during this time/season. But you may consider the following to possibly help improve your bookings or occupancy. 

-Make sure your listing has professional-quality, high-resolution photos that accurately represent the space. Write a thorough description of your property, highlighting unique features and amenities. Include details about the neighborhood and nearby attractions.

-Regularly check the prices of similar listings in your area to stay competitive. Consider using tools that automatically adjust your prices based on demand, season, and local events.

-Create a welcome book with all the necessary information about the property, local tips, and recommendations. Small gestures like a welcome basket or personalized notes can make a big difference.
-Politely ask guests to leave a review after their stay, as positive reviews can significantly boost your listing's visibility.

-Offering a more flexible cancellation policy can make your listing more appealing. Be flexible with check-in and check-out times if possible. Hope this helps! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amy409 ! How are you progressing with your listing and attracting more guests to your listing.

Our amazing Host members @Josh2021 @Jeff2695 @Eunice198 @Alicia753 have helped with some great suggestions. Do keep us posted if you've implemented any of these helpful suggestions! 

All the best Amy! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Eunice198
Level 2
Roslyn, NY

@Amy409 Try PriceLabs for dynamic pricing.

Decor can also really help to get your place noticed. If the market is flooded then try to have something that stands out from the rest.

The more pictures the better. Add pictures of things to do in the area. Especially fun, exciting, or great pictures of unique activities you can only do in the area.

Offer last minute promotions

Family amenities help to attract families which are often the ones that vacay. Ie: pack and plays, kids toys, games, pull out sofas

Have your place on multiple platforms to increase traffic. The more you’re more booked the more people will want to book. I have mine n Airbnb, Vrbo, and booking.com., and google platform with a direct booking site. There also Houfy, Craigslist, and other site that you can pay for advertising. I had considered advertising on a  travel nurse website when I first listed, but then the bookings ramped up so quickly I decided not to. 

Google “places to stay in your area” and look at the top hits. Try googling that in many different way. Look into advertising on the sites that come up highest in the results.

Hi @Eunice198 , I too am having a hard time getting bookings, likely partly due to the time of year, and also we are brand new with no reviews yet.  I do have a friend who will be staying in Feb as she won a 2 night giveaway that I offered.  I’ve considered putting myself also on VRBO, is it complicated to list on both Airbnb and VRBO, I’d be afraid of scheduling  conflicts.  How do you

manage that? 

@Jacqueline1420 You definitely want to use a channel manager so you don’t lose your mind with double bookings. I’ve been there and it’s terrible. I’m currently using Lodgify which does get the job done, but I have been considering Hostaway as well. Not 100% on moving yet though. PriceLabs was a key component in getting my occupancy up as well. They have really sophisticated software that I would never be able to duplicate the results of nor would I desire to do all the tedious work of keeping up with the changing market and changes the prices daily for all the units. 

Jeff2695
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Hi @Amy409 , I actually took a look at your listings and I would say the number one thing you might consider is having professional photos done.

Your photos aren't bad, but they aren't amazing either. Professional photos make all the difference in the world.

And I know a lot of people will tell you "the more photos, the better". This is true, up to a point. However...

I noticed one of your photos has a carpeted staircase right down the middle, and the carpet on the stairs looks dirty (maybe it's not dirty... Maybe that's just the way it looks on the photo).. but the photo itself doesn't really show anything that a guest needs to see. So this is an example of a photo that doesn't need to be there, because it doesn't add anything to your photo real, but it might make guests question the level of cleanliness.

I noticed in another photo the carpet looks dirty around the foot of the bed near the entrance to the room (again maybe it's not dirty.. maybe it just looks that way in the photo, but these are the things I noticed so just offering helpful suggestions).

I understand there might be a language barrier in this maybe something you need to bring in a third party to help you with.

Here is a similar listing I manage in Florida for you to compare notes on photos and description:  airbnb.com/h/kenwoodcommons3

Hope that helps! 

Josh2021
Level 2
Sudbury, MA

Hi @Amy409 , I took a look at your listings and it appears that you have 2 listings for the same house. Maybe you’re trying to do that to get more bookings, but a customer may be scared away and think it’s odd that the same house is listed twice with different titles when they are searching. Maybe they are worried that it could be double booked because a guest could book the same dates on both listings. (I know that you wouldn’t let that happen, but put yourself in the mindset of the customer). You may also want to consider decluttering and then taking new pictures. There seems to be a lot of stuff on the counters and in the apartment in general. The buyer may not want to see a bottle of mouthwash on the bathroom counter or wipes next to the toilet. These don’t add any value to the listing, but may detract from the listing and make customers want to book something else. I hope this was helpful.  Good luck with your listing!  I hope your bookings increase!

Dilshan5
Level 2
Galle, Sri Lanka

Same her in Galle, Sri Lanka. It has reduced drastically. Can not find the reason. At the moment here lost of tourists are coming daily.