No call/no show guest advice needed

Answered!
Kaity3
Level 1
Galloway, NJ

No call/no show guest advice needed

Hi all!

I’ve been hosting for over a year and I’ve never had this happen so I’m looking for some advice on how to reply to a no call/no show guest. 

As context, this guest originally booked with me for a Friday-Tuesday stay a few months back (weekend in May). The day before checkin, she made an alternation request in which she wanted to change the dates of her trip to this past weekend (September) with the claim that her babysitter had Covid so they could not come due to no one to watch kids. I accepted the change and was accommodating.

Fast forward to the dates she was supposed to stay/this past weekend, and i do not hear from her. I send her the check in details, no reply. I check in later in the day, no reply. The guest never checked in, and never responded to my messages. The following day, I reached out to ask if everything was okay (maybe travel was difficult, benefit of doubt), no reply. 

I then reached out to AirBnb and explained the situation. I did not hear from the guest for the entirety of when they were supposed to stay, BUT today (Wednesday, their check out would have been yesterday), she messaged me saying that everyone had Covid and all they did sleep all weekend. 

I have a strict cancellation policy in place, and Airbnb is looking into the situation, but I am unsure of how to respond to her. My fear is that she will leave me a bad review due to the fact that she never cancelled and the review period is now open. I need to tread lightly. 

Please advise if anyone can!

Thanks all, 

Kaity

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Kaity3God bless you for being so kindhearted, but when someone postpones, then doesn't show up, and then doesn't communicate at all leaving you wondering the worse, the last thing you should be worried about is they leaving you a bad review? Based on what?

An axiom with Airbnb - oftentimes the best word is the one not said - never get them involved if you do not have to.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Kaity3God bless you for being so kindhearted, but when someone postpones, then doesn't show up, and then doesn't communicate at all leaving you wondering the worse, the last thing you should be worried about is they leaving you a bad review? Based on what?

An axiom with Airbnb - oftentimes the best word is the one not said - never get them involved if you do not have to.

@Fred13  Amen to that.